It’s summer, and boy it’s hot outside, which means it’s the perfect time to be at the pool. Most of us have our pool bags ready by the door with our hat, towel, snacks, and that one item you can’t do without this summer – sunscreen!
You can’t forget your sunscreen!
No one likes being sunburned!
Here are some quick tips to help you choose the best sunscreen to protect your skin as you have fun in the sun:
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect against both UVA and UVB rays that can damage your skin.
- Check the expiration date on your sunscreen bottle before you head to the pool or golf course. Sunscreen does expire.
- Be sure to reach for 15 SPF or higher.
- Reapply at least every two hours, more often if you are in and out of the water frequently.
- Make sure you hit those easily forgotten places: your scalp, the tops of your ears, your neck, and the tops of your feet.
- When possible, wear a hat and bathing suit and/or shirt made with sun-protective material.
Always use sunscreen when you’re out in the sun. Even if you have make-up on or tattoos, or a great tan base, the sun’s rays will still damage your skin, so lather up!